The FASD Resource Team is pleased to offer case conferences to families and caregivers who require:
- A better understanding of the needs and realities of living with FASD
- Help with realistic future planning, working with the school system, developing social skills
- Information about existing services in the community that may be able to help, ie Contact Hamilton, McMaster Children’s Hospital.
All members of the individual’s service team (teachers, Educational Assistants, CYW etc) are welcome to participate in the case conference. Conferences may be requested by any caregiver in the Hamilton Community at no cost. There may be a fee for requests outside the Hamilton Community. Case Conferences are meant to offer best practices, suggestions and recommendations to those in attendance specific to the individual being presented. The affected individual does not attend the case conference. The format is a team approach and designed to meet the needs of those in attendance.
What the FASD Resource Team does not offer:
- Hands on support or direct access to support
- Medical advice or consultation
A one stop source to meet all the needs
TO MAKE A REFERRAL TO THE HAMILTON FASD RESOURCE TEAM:
Rygiel Supports for Community Living
905-525-4747 ext. 212 or 223