Hamilton FASD Leadership Committee
Purpose: As leaders in the community, the Committee will engage in developing a comprehensive community approach to the delivery of FASD services to individuals with FASD and their families in Hamilton.
Hamilton FASD Community Initiative:
- Dawn Patrol and Youth Services
- Lynwood Charlton Centre
- Catholic Family Services of Hamilton
- Twin Lakes Clinical Services
- Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton
- Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton
- Hamilton Wentworth District School Board
- Hamilton Wentworth District Catholic School Board
- John Howard Society of Hamilton
- Rygiel Supports for Community Living
- Ministry of Children and Youth Services of Ontario
- Salvation Army – Lawson Ministries
- Fostering interdependence and inter-relationships within the community which promotes a humanistic and inclusive environment for individuals with FASD and their families and caregivers.
- Enhancing and enabling effective community communication which is relevant, respectful, open and honest, related to FASD.
- Collaborating with and supporting the work of the Hamilton FASD Task Force and the FASD Community Resource Team.
- To build capacity through inter-agency cooperation to develop, support and sustain a community approach to service delivery for individuals with FASD and their families.
- To facilitate the development and implementation and sustainability of a comprehensive strategy for the delivery of services to individuals with FASD.
- To create a plan to solicit funding and resources to develop, support and sustain a community approach to service delivery for individuals with FASD and their families and caregivers.
- To influence social policy to be responsive and inclusive to the needs of individuals with FASD, their families and caregivers.
- To engage provincial leaders in a dialogue which educates and promotes the interests of individuals with FASD and their families and caregivers.